Tuesday, June 06, 2006

New Habits from Old

Many of the financial problems we face are the result of bad habits. A habit may be automatic like accelerating too quickly when driving, or reaching for some temptation at the checkout counter. Others may be routine like always stopping for a coffee and donut at the local coffee shop. Still others may be addictions to tobacco or other stronger (and more expensive) substances. Whatever habits you may have, changing them is one of the keys to fixing your financial troubles.
I encourage you to take time this week to look at all your habits: eating, working, driving, recreation, shopping, banking, etc. Examine them one by one and ask yourself, how can I change this behavior so I minimize my expenses and maximize my income. If you take a good look at your habits – an honest and critical look – I guarantee you will find at least one way to make yourself at least a little bit richer. Riches (like debt) accumulate little by little but in time it grows into a very large sum.

Scrooge

No comments: